Monday, July 5, 2010

Thrifty Decor

I have never been one to have a Martha Stewart home. I love pretty things, decorations and all that... but I suffer from a disease I call "I-can-do-that-itis". I refuse to buy things I can do myself. And combine that with the lack of real wall space in my house... it's easy to see why I don't have anything really on my walls.

No curtains. No pictures. Nothing.

But I am trying to make that change. And we all know I am just a little bit cheap :cough cough: I am trying to do this all while spending as little as possible.

This weekend, I tried my hand at these Book Wreaths over at Living with Lindsay!

I am pretty happy with the end result! And best yet, it only cost me $2! I got my book and wreath form at the Dollar Tree... I had the glue gun and gray paint already.

I am not sure where I will keep it, but for now, it feels at home above this shelf.

4 comments:

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Ohh I love that wreath!

The Sheppard Bunch said...

I absolutely love it!

Megan said...

I love it!

Kari said...

That looks totally cool!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin