Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ok.... Changed my mind...

I said I was going to do Gwen Bell's Best of 2009... and I likely will... but I decided to start my own challenge.

After reviewing a lot of my posts since I started this blog, it's clear that I am looking for ways to be a better person. To be a better mom. To be a better me. I want to find ways to make my life feel validated. I want a clear a definite purpose. And the only person who can change enough to make those things happen is me. Which is a bummer... I was hoping this would be easy... ;o)

So... I would like to invite you to be a part of the First Annual "December Difference Challenge". This challenge is designed to help you make a difference in your life... whether it be by taking time for yourself or maybe doing something for someone else. December is the one month that people openly look to helping other people... and while I think that it should be a year-long venture... I am going to help you get into the swing of things now... and hopefully some of it will stick for good.

Ok. Let's get started! Here are the first week's worth of prompts... I'll add each week's as we go so you can keep up. If something doesn't make sense for you, please just take a few liberties with it... I won't mind!

Thinking about you!
December 1: What makes you happy... no matter what?
December 2: What is one thing you wish you could do? (Can be a superhuman thing or maybe just a talent you never really aquired.)
December 3: You have a free day... all to yourself... no obligations... how do you spend it?
December 4: What is on your Christmas list? Be specific!
December 5: Share with us one blog that you found this year that you love... and why do you love it?
December 6: What did you always want to do when you grew up? Are you doing it?
December 7: Commitment free... what would you change about youself for next year?

Next week, we will think about your family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! Great job! Don't be surprised if I "borrow" a few of these for my FB status! :)

Mrs. B said...

new to your blog, these are great prompts! and it's awesome that you are looking for ways to become a better person! i, too, am in that same boat. it's a bummer that so many people wait to start giving until december, but better that than not @ all. all of that to say, i'm with ya!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin