Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Taking time for myself...

I have been thinking a lot about what would make me happier... what would make me feel more fulfilled as a person. It's hard to really answer this question... sometimes I think it would be time alone. Other times I think it would be time doing what I want to do. I even wonder if I would feel more complete if I had nobody to answer to... ever...

But there is one thing that seemed to be evident, no matter how I sliced it... I needed more time to focus on me. I didn't need to be alone, or even doing anything in particular... but forgetting myself was the first step to continuing to be miserable.

... so I am taking piano lessons!

My first lesson was tonight and was ok... but I wouldn't have traded that $10 and 30 minutes for anything else in the world. It was great to do something that satisfied me in a way that learning always does... it stretches my mind just a little bit, and creates something beautiful.... something I always knew was there, but it's been so long since I've seen it that it actually surprised me.

Take a few minutes for yourself today... I hope you find a newfound love, talent, or maybe an old friend that you've been missing. :o)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin