Monday, November 23, 2009

Radiate Joy

This past weekend, I was a part of LifeLinkChurch's annual Ladies Spa. The theme was "Weather or Not, He Reigns!" It was amazing how the team was able to transform that elementary school into a spectacular "Seasonal Extravaganza", with everything from a winter wonderland to a beach! And I loved all of the umbrellas that hung from the ceiling. It reminded me of the glass jellyfish that are on the ceiling at the Chihuly exhibit at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas! Beautiful!

One of the speakers was our very own Cheree' Wright. She spoke about how we reflect out what we are on the inside. We need to let our light shine into the world, and let that light be reflecting joy, peace and happiness... but in order for that to happen, we need to feel that way on the inside.

I have been dealing with lots of feelings lately... I will be the first to admit that those are not all joyful puppy dogs and rainbows. I think that we all have seasons that we feel more pressures, just like we have seasons of our life that are more easy going and blissful. What I have been doing is telling myself, "just one more day"... as though that was all I needed to get through... but what Cheree' shared next was what resonated with me, loud and clear...

..."Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain."

I will be learning to dance... learning to be joyful in whatever season I am in... I will radiate joy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin