Thursday, October 8, 2009

Work Smarter...

So, I was supposed to come in here and tell you all how great I am doing on the Body After Baby Challenge... but I slacked yesterday. Well... "slacked" is relative. I didn't make it into the blog world, but I worked my tail off!

Dustin and I decided that one area of our lives that we refused to argue about anymore is the housework. I try my hardest to keep up with a very lively toddler and have decided that it really is ok for the house to not be perfect because that means that we live here and that my kids are having fun being little! However, my husband doesn't agree with this thought process... so he's willing to give up other little luxuries so that I can have a cleaner come in a couple times a month to do the deep cleaning that I NEVER get to! And so... I must clean for the cleaning lady. One of lifes ultimate mysteries is why we do this... but I am doing it... so there. :oP

One thing that I have found that I think is utterly amazing are Febreze vacuum filters! I tried finding them online to show you, but you are just going to have to venture into Walmart and see them for yourself. I have a bagless vacuum, so I replace the filters to keep the dust nice and trapped! But these Febreze filters also make my rooms smell WONDERFUL! The Hubs always tells me that he likes the smell of vacuuming (which is just dust in the air, IMO), but he is a new fan of the Febreze filters too... clean floors and a nice fresh smell... plus no plug-in freshers that are fire hazards or too exciting for little hands!

Um, but I have been making progress. As you can see by my little ticker on the right, I have lost 7 lbs. I still have 13 more to go in the next 11 weeks. I know I can do this... I did great on my water last week. 3+ water bottles a day (over 64oz a day) so that means that I got my 8 points each day for the challenge. 56 points. I also signed up for the ning.com message board with the challenge... so that's another 5 points.

This week, we have to walk... 15 minutes of walking is 1 point, and we can max out at 4 points a day. I am getting the boys up and at 'em each morning to walk around the neighborhood for at least 30 minutes... and we are doing it again after dinner and before bed for the boys. :o) So far, I have 6 points for the week... doing good... and I'll update later. I am also going to keep up on the water although I don't think the points count anymore. :o)

I hope your day is going as great as mine... back to the laundry!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I am so jealous. Once I start working in January I am getting a cleaning lady too! I really have no idea the last time my shower was really cleaned, besides me pushing the button on my Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner this morning... But I agree- I'd rather be playing with my kids!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin