Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We're Back!

I know I know... 3 weeks later and I decide to show up. Believe it or not, I am not wasting that many days before coming in to introduce the newest Baby Bug in the household...
Corbin Shane entered the world at 8lbs 13oz and a whopping 22.5 inches long. After making Mommy and Daddy wait 42 weeks 1 day, with absolutely NO progress, the doctors helped out with a repeat cesarean section on July 8th, 2009 at 1:31pm.
As much as I was dreading the section, it actually turned out ok. And I know a few certain people are still waiting for a birth story, but frankly there isn't much to tell. We showed up. They prepped me (including getting Dustin into his scrubs, which he kept... with the sole intention of covering them in ketchup, going to the neighbors, and explaining that "we have a problem"... but I digress), gave me a spinal, put up the curtain, and went in for the kill.
Ok... it wasn't that bad. The anesthesiologist was dubbed "my best friend", I had a friend of mine that was an L&D nurse come by to take photographs, and Dustin announced "it's a boy!" just seconds before the delivery nurse stated "and he's peeing all over everything!" Oh, and Corbin was born to the lovely Black Eyed Peas "My Humps".
All I can really say is that I am so glad that Dustin and I both were there, together, and got to experience the joys of childbirth... even if I didn't earn a "push prize" in the process. ;o)
Welcome, Corbin, to my everyday insanity.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Congratulations!! And you poor thing making it to 42 weeks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin