Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lehman Family Stroganoff

I was going to just reply to another blog about how she needed to try my Lehman Family Stroganoff... but then I realized it never made it onto my blog! If you've tried it before... you know what I am talking about when I say this is yummy yummy yummy... and it's an adaptation of one of Dustin's childhood favorites! Don't tell my Mother-in-Law... he likes mine better!!

I don't really measure... so I am gonna guestimate... :o)

*1-2lbs Sirloin or tenderloin, cut into 1/2" strips, then into 1" pieces.
*1 can cream of mushroom soup
*1/2 cup sour cream
*1/2 cup cooking sherry
*1 tsp Better than Boullion (or 1 cube boullion.. I use beef).
*6oz baby bella mushrooms.
*1 tsp garlic (minced)
*Egg Noodles

Sear meat in a pan on stove. Meat should be seared on outside, rare on the inside. You can season it if you want... I used a little salt/pepper. Remove meat from pan and drain excess drippings. Put mushrooms and garlic in same pan over medium heat. As the mushrooms start to soften, add the sherry and boullion. Once mushrooms are tender, add cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. If it seems too thick, you can add a bit more sherry. Add beef back into sauce mix. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. I mix my noodles into the sauce mix, then serve.

Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Thanks! :-) I really am not a big fan of stroganoff- mushrooms are something that make me gag- but Tommy loves it, so I can pick around the mushrooms! I will have to try this!

Does it freeze well??

Tabitha said...

It does! But I wouldn't add the sour cream before freezing... and some say not to add the cream of mushroom soup... but if you cook up to adding the sherry and then put it in a plastic freezer bag... all you'd need to do is defrost, warm up, add the creams and serve over fresh noodles!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin