Sunday, April 19, 2009

Learning to be a Housewife

I know I have said it before, and I'll say it again... and probably again in a few months (but hopefully not). I kind of suck at being a Housewife. Being pregnant and chasing a toddler hasn't helped that one bit... I enjoy sleeping in, staying in pj's all day, and barely making dinner. But I am determined to change...

Here are the notes that I wrote for myself... if you need some help being a better StayAtHome... borrow some! If you are better than me at this... lend me some tips!! In any event, I wrote them down in my pretty journal... and keep it by my bed and then carry it with me all day long as my Guide for the Day.

1. Get Dressed. Brush your hair and your teeth. Take care of yourself!
2. Look at yourself in the mirror, and ask if you like what you see. If you don't, fix it!
3. Make yourself a cup of tea (or coffee).
4. Feed Ryan and myself. Get him dressed as well. Even if you aren't going anywhere, you want him dressed.
5. Play with Ryan.
6. Once he is playing independently, you can start on lists, grocery lists, etc.
7. Pick up the mess Ryan has made by now.
8. Make lunch, and when lunch is over, clean it up. You don't want to start dinner in a dirty kitchen. Now is a good time to pul out anything frozen for dinner.
9. During Ryan's nap, relax, read emails, and plan meals. Also try to have the house picked up a little before Dustin gets home.
10. When Dustin gets home, greet him. Show him that I appreciate him.
11. Always clean the kitchen after a meal. Make your goal to keep the sink clean and empty. When the dishwasher is done, empty it!
12. Set (and Keep) a schedule for yourself!

I am hoping this helps me be better at this thing I call my job. :o)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin