Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Growing Up...

I am not the sentamental mom that I should be. Honestly. I try... sometimes a little too hard, but I am too much of a realist to say that I didn't see things coming.

I mean, I didn't cry when Bug turned 1. I don't think I ever even did the "Crap, I have a One Year Old" thing. I realized he was going to turn 1 the day he was born. Just like I know he'll turn 21 some day... and I'll deal with that when it gets here.

But, I will admit that it was a shocker when this kid didn't put up a fight at all when it came time to sleep in a Big Boy Bed. This kid can't be mine... I don't deal well with changes, but he seems to embrace them! He's too little to be in a big bed, but I need the crib for Baby, so I hoped that Bug would adjust well. But we planned well in advance incase this was a tough ride. Five months in advance. Plus 4 months that Baby would likely be sleeping in my room. So, 9 months for preparing him to grow up.

And then he did it. On his own. Bummer.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin