Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Keeping House and a Command Center...

I will be the first to admit... a very common phrase out of my mouth is "Please excuse my house." I am trying to change that this year. I started off the new year by emptying my living room completely and steam cleaning carpets. Next came a deep clean of my furniture and a weeding though of Ryan's toys. And then I tackled the kitchen. Then the laundry room. Those rooms are the majority of the "livable" portions of our house... so now I am feeling better about actually living in them!

I am wanting to be someone that can do lots of things because she has the time to do it... and because there is nothing at her house to do... no rooms needing a cleaning, no piles of laundry begging to be washed and folded. A girl can dream, can't she?

But my next project is going to be a family command center. A place for our family calendar, hooks for diaper bags and purses, hanging bins for mail to go out, and I think a bulletin board for coupons, tickets, and menu's... I am a very visual person, so I need to be able to see all of this at a glance... and I need the hubs to see it too... so a pocket calendar just isn't cutting it...

Have you done this in your own homes or have an idea for one? My goal is to have this up by Sunday! Watch for pictures!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin