Friday, January 2, 2009

Frozen Love

My hubby's mom used to make him lots of meals that he truly loved... and he is kind of sad that she doesn't cook for him anymore. Not that my cooking sucks... it's just that I don't lace everything with wine I guess. ;o)

One of his favorite desserts is a Key Lemon Pie... it's a frozen pie that is almost like a key lime pie... only it's lemon. I am guessing it's served frozen b/c there is no way for this pie to set... and IMO it's not even that safe to eat... but he loves it, nonetheless. The last time his mom made it, it was actually in my kitchen and I watched her... it wasn't anything super special... so I told him I could make him one. He said it was a top secret recipe and there is no way to make it exactly right... he was wrong.

Key Lemon Pie

6 Egg Yolks
1 can Sweetened Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
Graham cracker crust (I used the 6 mini's)

Whip up the yolks until they form ribbons... add in the milk and lemon juice and whisk away until well mixed. Don't sample it... it's raw egg, for heaven's sake! Pour into the crust and freeze. I like putting coolwhip on after it's frozen; Dustin likes it on before so that the coolwhip freezes too... either way... you have a nice little pie in a few hours. And they are pretty good.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin