Friday, January 16, 2009

Days 2 and 3... eh...

Ok.. so yesterday was day 2 of my transition... and of course I had to spend the morning freaking out about the in utero baby... so my mind, hands, eyes... whatever... were glued to the internet trying to find answers... first to my hubby's IM's. Then to my world of online friends. Then of course when I finally talked to my doctor and things were A-OK... I had to come back and update everyone... and then I pretty much just said screw it. I think I was only online for 3 hours yesterday, so that's an improvement... but it wasn't the 1 hour I committed to!

Today, I am hoping to do much better... I have come up with loads of stuff I need to do anyway... so hopefully I won't be on here too much. :oP

So, I did want to let you know of a delicious dinner I made last night... the Husband asked for 2nds and kept saying the whole time "Tab, this is really good!" I was originally going to make Shrimp Pasta Pomodoro... but I didn't have everything... so I adjusted a lot of things... to the extent that it no longer can be a Pasta Pomodoro... but I don't have a more clever name. Anyway... I'll share my "recipe"... but I didn't care for the shrimp, but it was likely a weird pregnancy thing b/c Dustin gobbled them up! So... this would be yummy sans shrimp!

1/2 lb shrimp (raw, peeled, tails off)
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
1 clove garlic, minced
4oz cream cheese, cubed
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 tsp dried basil
Penne Pasta

Put the shrimp in a bowl and cover with the dressing to marinate. Do this at least 20 minutes ahead of time to give them time to do their thing. :o)

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Take a skillet and heat to medium high. Add the shrimp mixture (marinade and all) plus the garlic into the skillet. let cook 3 minutes on each side approximately... stirring often to prevent overcooking. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and keep warm.

Add cream cheese and tomatoes to skillet. Stir to mix and melt the cream cheese. if sauce seems too thick for you, add some of the pasta water (from the pot of penne) to help thin it out... I use about 1/2 a cup usually. Stir in basil. Once it's ready, and your pasta is too... I dump them together in either the pasta pot or the skillet depending on where they will fit! I serve this in bowls, and then top with the shrimp (so that I can make sure one of us doesn't get all of the shrimpies). Add fresh grated Parmesan! Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin