Thursday, May 22, 2008

I never realized how much I hated disposables...

Diapers that is....

We have been cloth diapering successfully for a month or so... but this week we are on "vacation" and decided that instead of me trying to find a laundromat and sit there for a few hours to clean diapers half way through our trip, we'd just use disposables.

I actually didn't have any at home... and just my luck that Ryan is in between sizes. Pampers Swaddlers are my favorite (or at least they were) and they had a 2-3 size, so we bought a big pack and started using them the day before we left so that all of his Fuzzibunz would be at home waiting for his chubby bunz to get home. :o) They fit pretty well... and the rest got packed in our suitcase.

No blowouts, no pee soaked clothes... but I do have one major complaint... the smell! I am changing Ryan more now than I do normally with the cloth, but he just stinks of urine all day long. Or at least I thought it was urine. The diapers actually have a very funny chemical smell even before they are put on his tush... and its funny to me that I have noticed this now. I remember thinking when Ryan was a newborn how "great" the Swaddlers smell was, especially compared to Huggies and Luvs. They seemed to smell powder-y... like a newborn baby should smell!

However, now I am used to a diaper smelling like, well... nothing! My cloth diapers smell like water... and when Ryan is done using them... and I clean him up, he smells like a baby! Not like some chemically induced version of a baby!

D even changed him and said, "Ok... Mommy wins. No more 'sposies for you!"

:::smiles:::

1 comment:

Muffin Cake said...

That's awesome!!! See, I will convert you to a liberal yet! ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin