Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Needs

I have mention before my love of the book His Needs, Her Needs. If you still haven't had a chance to pull it out, do it! You and your marriage will benefit from it greatly! My hubs and I studied the book through our premarital counseling... love it!

Even my hubs read it... which says a lot!

One of the "needs" that the book highlights is a mans need for an attractive spouse. It's not so much the "Trophy Wife" idea than that a man needs a wife who cares about her appearance. Who doesn't let herself go and works hard to be someone that he can be attracted to.

Now I know I can be opening a can of worms here, but I think it's very important for a man to feel like their spouse does more than just brush their teeth in the morning. But I also think it's important for a woman to feel attractive.

I don't know about you... but when I feel pretty... I feel flirty. I feel fun. I feel lovable.

But when I schlep myself together... I feel grumpy. I feel bleh. I feel untouchable.

And everyone knows that untouchable is not a good feeling.

Anyway, I was blogsurfing the other day and stumbled upon a blog that discussed the importance of dating your husband. About keeping things alive by keeping things new. And it struck a special cord with me. One of the topics they discuss is getting girlified so that you feel more of that gushy stuff up above!

I decided to try one out and donned a pair of falsies this morning.... for my eyes... not my chest!

I am loving my new Bambi eyes... I've always been jealous of my kiddos and their super long lashes... and now I feel more pulled together... more womanly... more beautiful. 

And my hubs? He LOVED them! 

Sometimes it is the little things that make the biggest differences... and I will continue to be a woman who cares about herself so that my marriage can be enriched.

1 comment:

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

I love this and so agree with you!!

...and I think it works both ways in a relationship. I appreciate the fact that B cares about his appearance too.

I know things go deeper than just the physical aspect, but I think it is a major factor in self esteem, which affects your relationships with others. I am rambling! ahaha I hope I am making sense.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin