Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 14: Non-fiction

Ok... confession... I don't really read many books, and I read even less non-fiction books. And although the Bible would be my real answer to my favorite non-fiction book... I'll do another.

How about I pick CityChic.


This book was a huge blessing when I first moved out on my own. It had so many tips and tricks of stretching my dollars and living a life I wanted... which was great because I moved out making $7/hr, but working only 12 hours a week max. I was in school full time with full time bills, and I was much to proud for hand outs. I learned tricks including what haircut to get (when you can only afford 4 cuts a year), what spices every girl needs in her kitchen, and what make up products to skimp on and what to splurge on. I also learned what staples to have in my closet to really stretch my wardrobe.

I love this book so much, I bought it for my sister when she moved to LA on her own.

I recommend it to every girl, single or not, city chic or not, that wants to make that buck go a little further!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin