Wednesday, March 31, 2010

No Room

I was told the other day that we had no more room in the linen closet for anything else... by my husband... who was helping with laundry.

And since he was doing it, and not me.. I didn't say a thing. Not one little word about how that armoire should fit more than 2 loads of towels.

So I wasn't shocked when I found this yesterday when I grabbed towels for the boys bath...

I spent their bath-time (don't' freak... the armoire is 4 ft from the bathtub) changing that mess into this:
 And while I really wanted to get mad inside... and think "Why on earth do I let him help me if I just have to redo it?"... I thought, sometimes this is exactly what my life needs. Sometimes I need a moment to stop, take a deep breath, and tackle something totally easy and minuscule so that I feel more accomplished. It also gave me a little jumpstart and I then scrubbed the toilet and cleaned the mirrors in the bathroom before my little boys complained about their pruned fingers.

No room is a great reason to reevaluate your situation and to decide what is working, what's not working and what needs to change. Maybe it's not as easy as just folding towels... but the end result will be just as worthy of a sigh!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Love it! My husband is always saying that there is no room in the pantry, linen closet, our closet, the kids drawers, etc... You name it, there is no room. (And that is the reason why he can't do any more laundry.) Every time that happens, I just go to the area in quesiton, move a few things around, refold things or toss thigns that are old, and in 10 minutes or less there is tons of room for all those things he was working on! :)

(And I always clean the bathroom while the kids are in the tub- and never feel guilty about it!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin