Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gifts!

I had the pleasure of going to a baby shower this week... and this little girl is going to be a Diaper Diva!

Trying to make the most of a buck... I whipped up a flannel receiving blanket and 2 burp cloths. I absolutely loved working on this! The colors were gorgeous and really made me think how lucky I was to have little boys... if I had girls, I'd be spending waaaaay too much at the fabric store... story of my life!






I am finding out that working on crocheted items and using my embroidery machine is actually my way of escaping. It's my little release... and I think that's what causing me to work harder and improve on my previous skills... who would have thought that 4 years ago, I was sitting on my friend Liz's couch as she tought me how to crochet! And, just experimenting is teaching me new things about my machines that I thought I never would be able to do. :o)

I am loving making my little difference... I have 4 little newborn hats that are underway... soon to be delivered to Mercy Gilbert Medical Center as donations! It's the little things...

2 comments:

Muffin Cake said...

I love the blanket!!!!!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Wow, I LOVE what you made! You need to sell some of those on your etsy site! BEAUTIFUL colors... I know your friend (and her daughter) will appreciate such a generous gift made with such obvious love!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin