Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why I wore jeans to bed.

Last night, the hubby asked me why I came to bed wearing my jeans... I guess it's not that bad of a question... I mean, normally I just take them off and wear whatever shirt I was wearing during the day (provided it's comfy) to bed. But lately it's been more kicking off the shoes and crawling into bed...

But although I don't think it was a weird question, I was upset by his asking... and although the words that left my mouth were simply "because I want to", inside my brain there was a sputtering of reasons...

-I am tired of being groped... just because you like to touch me doesn't mean I want to be touched. Wearing jeans gives me that added protection... and is like a giant "you-better-not-touch-me" sign.
- I have to keep getting up with the baby... and you aren't helping me... so why would I trade my jeans in for yoga pants, or even the more scandalous gym shorts. Besides, when I let the dog out at 2:45am before I start pumping, the cold air is bad on my legs...
-You hog the blankets. I don't complain because my jeans are warm.
-I am finally wearing them... and I love them. It's almost like a security blanket.
-Have you ever needed a cough drop/chapstick/random small item in the middle of the night? I don't have a night stand, so a pocket is a great place... besides, I feel like I am 6 when I put things under my pillow.

Ok... the more I think about it... I guess I need to get some new pjs and just ditch the denim...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin