Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 8- Angry/Sad

Hmm... I think it's kind of silly that they want us to post a picture that makes me angry or sad... but it is what it is, right?

Deep down... and a little on the surface... I am still really bitter about the circumstances surrounding Ryan's birth. This picture shows the closest I was able to be with him after he was born... a birth I missed due to general anesthetics. And our first meeting was almost a full 12 hours after he was born. It's not as though he was a premie, or had a rare condition that kept us separated. He was a healthy, full term baby with suspected breathing issues (none ended up being real).

This photo shows the beginning of our struggle to connect, the start of the cycle that lead to my PPD, and the ENTIRE reason I was SO adamant about a VBAC with Corbin. I just wanted to be a part of something.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin